Thursday, 5 December 2013

Hand Stitched Christmas (Part 1)

Since returning from the K&S Show last month I have hit the ground running
In between working on a series of exciting embroidery magazine projects (watch this space for news of these next year!) I have decided its time I started thinking about Christmas so I braved the dusty depths of the loft and retrieved the decorations







What better way to get into a festive mood than with a visit to Santa
Here is my grandson Xander (3 3/4) in his Christmas jumper delighted to meet the big man at our local garden centre on Sunday afternoon









































I made the little robin cushion in the photograph by stitching the design onto a scrap of vintage linen then onto a square of cotton fabric 
Back the cushion with another square of fabric and fill with toy filling and a broken up cinnamon stick for a lovely Christmassy scent
You can make little tree decorations in the same way - the pattern is here and I also have a kit available
More hand stitched decoration ideas very soon!