Thursday, 29 January 2015

The Flower Quilt





Introducing another new feature for 2015 here at HandStitchedStories
For some time now I have wanted to make an embroidered quilt for my bed and never seem to get around to it
So I would like to share my progress with you all and you are very welcome to join me by making your own quilt


The Flower Quilt
I love fllowers so my quilt will comprise of embroidered blocks with a floral design and patchworked blocks in between
I'm aiming at a King size quilt
As I'm using fabrics from my stash this will very much be a case of making it up as I go along rather than starting with a definate quilt design!

The blocks can be used to make any size quilt, throw, pillows or use a single block as a cushion front


These are the fabrics and threads I have chosen
















Fabrics 
All cotton quilting fabrics from my stash

Threads
Hope you can see the green, I need to buy some more!
They are Anchor stranded threads colour numbers from l to r 265, 23, 185, 13, 128, 11

Blocks
The plain pink fabric will be used for the centre of my blocks, this will be the embroidered bit
I will be using a log cabin block with a centre square of 8.5ins  (8ins finished size)
Here is a sneaky peek at the first block
The completed block will be posted next Thursday then I will be posting a new block on the first Thursday of each month